Linen care know-how
- Regular and careful laundering of linen is essential to preserve its colour.
- Never store used linen. Never store starched linen. The starch will discolour turning your linen yellow.
- Always keep linen in well ventilated cupboards first covering the shelves with acid free tissue paper. Our linen will always be returned in such paper which you can use for this purpose.
- Folded linen should always be kept away from direct sunlight. The latter will fade and discolour the fabrics along the fold lines.
- Try to avoid storing linen in draws as moths attack poorly ventilated darken areas. Wide slatted shelves allow the circulation of air.
- Ideally linen cupboards should be properly cleaned annually and your linen examined. Bed linen will show the first signs of wear in the middle, the fabric discolouring and becoming thin.
At Jeeves we have retained and encourage old-fashioned skills to ensure the highest standards of Quality Laundry. Find out about our Laundry Services.