Happy 90th Birthday HRH Queen Elizabeth II
From all of us at Jeeves of Belgravia, we would like to wish her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II a very happy 90th birthday.
To celebrate our Queen’s birthday, we thought it would be nice to edify our customers on some of the more interesting and lesser-known facts about Her Royal Highness’s record breaking, 63-year reign.
- The Crown retains the right to ownership of all unmarked mute swans in open water. Technically, the Queen also owns all the dolphins, whales and sturgeons within 3 miles of UK shores.
- HM joined in the photo bombing trend in 2014 upstaging Australian hockey player Jayde Taylor's selfie at the Commonwealth Games.
- Elizabeth II is believed to be the only monarch in British history who has been properly trained to change a flat tyre or a spark plug having served in the wartime ATS as 2nd Lieutenant Elizabeth Windsor
- The Queen doesn't have a driving licence and is not obliged to have registration plates on her vehicles
- When she crossed a corgi with a dachshund to create the dorgi the Queen perhaps unwittingly began the craze for designer crossbreeds.
Of course, with Jeeves providing dry cleaning services to the royal household, we will be adding some extra special touches to our London stores to celebrate the Queen’s official birthday over the course of the three month festivities that reach their peak in May.
You can get the full run down of the official celebrations out this article from The Telegraph.